How to put on your Cam Walker Boot:
- Apply a long sock on the foot needing the boot.
- Loosen all Velcro straps and open foam liner.
- Sit with knee bent to 90º and slide foot into the foam liner. Make sure heel is all the way back and foot is fully seated in the liner.
- Close liner around shin and then foot snugly.
- Begin at the foot, secure the Velcro straps followed by the Velcro straps on the shin. Make sure to pull all the Velcro straps snug.
If Cam Walker is, an Aircast or Bledsoe then add air by using the hand bulb provided to valve until ankle feels a little pressure.
Depending on the reason for the use of the cam walker boot, the wearing schedule can vary. Follow the doctors wearing guidelines.
If any redness, bruising or blistering occurs and doesn’t disappear within 20 minutes, do not put the brace back on. Please contact your Ability Orthotist to schedule an appointment for an adjustment.
Cleaning and Maintenance:
- The foam liner can be washed by hand in cold water with a mild detergent and allowed to drip dry. The walker can be wiped with a damp cloth.
- If the Velcro is not sticking well on the brace, check for lint build-up on the
Velcro and remove it.
- Be aware that volume changes in the body can affect how the boot will fit.
- Do NOT ever sleep in the boot, unless prescribed by doctor.
- Be aware the boot has a sole attached. Be sure to choose a shoe that allows you to feel stable when walking.