How to put on your LSO:
- Put on a comfortably fitting cotton t-shirt.
- Loosen all straps.
- Center the back of the brace on spine so the sides are lined up on your hips.
- Center the front of brace low on your belly.
- Attach one side of straps to the front of brace then the other side of straps.
- Tighten all straps for snugness assuring the label on the front panel is centered on the front of your body.
This brace is typically worn after surgery and is to be worn per physician’s orders. Please contact your Ability Orthotist to schedule an appointment for an adjustment if any discomfort is felt and results in redness, bruising or blistering.
Cleaning and Maintenance:
- The best way to clean the LSO is to spot clean or hand wash with the removal of all hard panels.
- DO NOT use direct heat or a dryer to dry brace. This can ruin the brace.
- If the Velcro is not sticking well on the brace, check for lint build-up on the Velcro and remove it.
- If pain or discomfort is experienced, the brace may be too loose, too low or too high and may need to be repositioned.
- If brace is rotating on your body, it may need to be tightened.
- A t-shirt should be worn at ALL times with this brace.
- If there are any other areas of concerns please call your Ability office.