How to put on your LSO:
Depending on the type of LSO, you may have the following types of closures:
- Velcro overlap
- Put on a comfortably fitting cotton t-shirt.
- Loosen all straps.
- Center brace on body so the sides are lined up on your hips and the stays, if applicable, are on either side of the spine.
- If your brace has a Hook-and-eye closure, fasten the front of brace, from the bottom up pulling all straps tight for snugness.
- If your brace has a Velcro overlap closure, make sure front of brace is low on belly and back is centered on the small of your back. Fasten all Velcro straps.
- Check for snugness on all straps.
This brace is to be worn per physician’s orders. Please contact your Ability Orthotist to schedule an appointment for an adjustment if any discomfort is felt and results in redness, bruising or blistering. Please discontinue the use of the brace until seen by your Orthotist.
Cleaning and Maintenance:
- The best way to clean the LSO is to spot clean or hand wash with the removal of any added hard panels, if applicable. DO NOT use direct heat or a dryer to dry brace. This can ruin the brace.
- If the Velcro is not sticking well on the brace, check for lint build-up on the Velcro and remove it.
- If pain or discomfort is experienced, the brace may be too loose, too low or too high and may need to be repositioned.
- If brace is rotating on your body, it may need to be tightened.
- A t-shirt should be worn at ALL times with this brace.
- If there are any other areas of concerns please call your Ability office.