Knee Orthosis with Hinges Instructions
Learn more about how to use your Knee Orthosis (KO) with Hinges.
How to Put on Your KO with Hinges
- In a sitting position, align hinges of brace along sides of knee. Be sure to center hinges on the kneecap.
- Velcro thigh strap and pull for snugness.
- Velcro strap below the knee and pull for snugness.
There are many indicators for the use of this brace, please contact physician for wearing schedule.
Please contact your Ability orthotist to schedule an appointment for an adjustment if any discomfort is felt and results in redness, bruising, or blistering. Please discontinue the use of the brace until seen by your orthotist.
Orthotic Device Cleaning and Maintenance
The best way to clean the KO is to spray rubbing alcohol on the inside and out and wipe down with a dry cloth. This will remove any body oils and residue. Don’t immerse in water.
If the Velcro is not sticking well on the brace, check for lint build-up on the Velcro and remove it.
Take the following precautions with your KO:
- Be aware that volume changes in the body can affect how the KO will fit.
- Do NOT ever sleep in the KO.
- Keep KO away from excessive or direct heat. This may cause deformation.