Chris DiGioia, CP, CFo
Certified Prosthetist and Certified Orthotic Fitter
Chris DiGioia is an American Board for Certification (ABC) certified prosthetist and certified orthotic fitter. He is headquartered at the Ability Prosthetics and Orthotics facility in Hagerstown, MD.
Before coming to Ability, Chris worked in an applied research lab focusing on Patient and Family Centered Care (PFCC) at Magee-Women’s Hospital in Pittsburgh, PA, helping to improve patients’ experiences. It’s there that he was first exposed to prosthetics which then led to a position as a prosthetic technician and enrollment in the prosthetics program at Northwestern University’s Feinberg School of Medicine in 2010.
After completing his residency, Chris moved to Orlando, FL to work at an entirely mobile practice. He saw many patients with a wide variety of prosthetic needs at rehabilitation facilities and/or patients’ homes.
Chris is also certified to fit the latest version of Ossur’s Rheo microprocessor knee, selection and fitting of Ossur’s knee systems, Freedom Innovations Plie microprocessor knee, and Otto Bock Myoelectric upper extremity systems.
Accomplishments & Qualifications
- ABC Certified Prosthetist and Certified Orthotic Fitter
- Member of American Academy of Orthotists and Prosthetists (AAOP)
- Member of the American Orthotic & Prosthetic Association (AOPA)
- Bachelor in Exercise from Georgia State University
- Completed prosthetic training at the Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine