Jacob Townsend, CPO
Certified Prosthetist Orthotist
Jacob Townsend, CPO, is an American Board for Certification (ABC) certified prosthetist orthotist.
When working as a management trainee near Tacoma, WA, Jacob discovered the field of prosthetics and orthotics while speaking to a customer who was an amputee. He knew instantly he had discovered the perfect career match for his talents and goals. He soon enrolled in the prosthetics and orthotics program at the University of Washington in Seattle.
During his residency at UNC Hospital, Chapel Hill, Jacob saw many patients with a great variety of prosthetic and orthotic needs, both adult and pediatric. He most enjoyed his time working on the hospital rehabilitation floor, helping patients to recover from acute injuries, amputations, and strokes. He regularly attended the amputee clinic and the pediatric spina bifida clinic.
Jacob was thrilled to join the Ability Prosthetics and Orthotics facility in 2012 in the Asheville, NC office as a managing practitioner. He is proud to provide quality patient care through the most advanced and appropriate technology available.
Jacob brings extensive orthotic and prosthetic experience and enjoys focusing on complex prosthetic cases as well as challenging pediatric cases involving spina bifida and cerebral palsy.
Accomplishments & Qualifications
- ABC Certified Prosthetist and Orthotist
- Member of the American Orthotic & Prosthetic Association (AOPA) and the American Academy of Orthotists and Prosthetists (AAOP)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business from the University of Tennessee, Knoxville
- Bachelor’s degree in Prosthetics and Orthotics from University of Washington, Seattle
- Certified to fit the most advanced prosthetic microprocessor knees and ankles
- Extensive experience in fitting upper limb prostheses utilizing pattern recognition technology