Kris Desjardins, CPO, FAAOP
Certified Prosthetist Orthotist
Kris Desjardins is an American Board of Certification (ABC) certified prosthetist and orthotist at the Ability Prosthetics & Orthotics Rockvlle, MD patient care center.
In 2005, Kris graduated from the Georgia Institute of Technology with a degree in biomedical engineering, while spending multiple semesters as a co-op student working in research labs. She realized that the orthotics and prosthetics field would combine her interests in biomechanics, research, and medicine, allowing her to work directly with patients and making immediate improvements in their lives.
Kris also graduated from the Newington Certificate Program affiliated with the University of Connecticut and completed her orthotic residency in Chicago where she invented the hemiplegic chafe. Kris remained in Chicago as an orthotist specializing in lower extremity orthotics including the WalkAide and stance control KAFOs, returning to the Newington Certificate Program affiliated with the University of Hartford for her prosthetics training.
After over a decade of patient care, Kris joined the Ability Prosthetics & Orthotics team to provide exceptional care and service to patients, rehab teams, and referral sources.
Accomplishments & Qualifications
- ABC Certified Prosthetist and Orthotist
- Degree in Biomedical Engineering from the Georgia Institute of Technology
- Orthotics and Prosthetics Certifications from the Newington Program
- Fellow of the American Academy of Orthotists and Prothetists
- Member of American Academy of Orthotists and Prosthetists (AAOP), AAOP’s Gait and Craniofacial Societies, and the American Orthotic & Prosthetic Association (AOPA)