Hanover & York
Thomas R. Martin, MS, CP, BOCO
Thomas R. Martin, MS, CP, BOCO, is an American Board for Certification (ABC) certified prosthetist and Board of Certification (BOC) orthotist.
In the past, Thomas worked in a physical therapy clinic as an athletic trainer. He soon realized that the field of O&P would allow him to apply his knowledge of biomechanics, kinesiology, research, and gait assessment, all while enabling him to make a real difference in people’s lives.
Thomas worked for a small facility in Baltimore, MD as an orthotic fitter to obtain his orthotist certification. After becoming certified, he later became a facility manager.
In 2010, Thomas joined the Ability Prosthetics and Orthotics office in York, PA. Following completion of his schooling, he returned to Ability to complete his prosthetic residency.
Thomas is practice manager of the Ability Prosthetic and Orthotic facilities in York and Hanover, PA. He’s trained in some of the most advanced technology in the field, providing care, service, and education to the patients he serves in Adams and York county.
Accomplishments & Qualifications
- ABC Certified Prosthetist and Orthotist
- BOC Orthotist
- Bachelor’s degree in Health and Rehabilitation Science from the University of Pittsburgh
- Master of Science in Athletic Training Education from Ohio University
- NCOPE-Accredited prosthetics education from the Northwestern University Prosthetic and Orthotic Center
- Completed residency at Ability Prosthetics and Orthotics
- Member of the American Academy of Orthotists and Prosthetists (AAOP) and the American Orthotic & Prosthetic Association (AOPA)